The 104th Annual Meskwaki Powwow
August 9-12th (Thursday – Sunday).
Open to the public!
Adults $7. Children $5. Kids 5 and Under FREE
Grand Entries at 1:00 and 7:00 PM Daily.
Thursday: Children’s Day (Kids ages 6-12 $3)
Friday: Senior’s Day (55 and up $3)
Saturday: Veteran’s Day (all Veterans $3 – must show proof)
Sunday: Special Events
- Men’s Grass Special – In Honor of the late Gladys “Makodi” Benson. Winner Take All $1000 (Saturday Night)
- Jr. & Teen Girls Traditional Special – In Honor of the retiring Meskwaki Annual Sr. Princess Summer Youngbear and Jr. Princess Isabella “Byeteka” Kapayou. 1st: $300, Pendleton blanket, $50 Sephora gift card. 2nd: $200. 3rd: $100. Five consolation prizes of $50 (Thursday Dinner Break)
- Tiny-Tot Special – In Honor of Bryson Grant. Boy and Girl 1st Place Prizes: Bikes. Candy for the kids, Other prizes TBA. (Saturday Dinner Break)
- MYP Tiny-Tot Specials (Thursday Dinner Break and after Evening Sessions)
- Red Dress/Shirt Special – In Honor of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women. Winner Take All. (Saturday Night)
MC: Mike Keahna, Dawson Davenport
AD: David “Odie” OldBear Jr.
Color Guard: Robert Morgan Post 701
Sound Man: Dennis Keahna Jr.
RV space available at Meskwaki Casino
Camping space available at the Meskwaki Powwow Grounds
Hotel Accommodations: Meskwaki Hotel (800-728-4263) and Super 8 (641-484-5888)