Meskwaki Nation is seeking bids from Tribal Members for the creation of beaded medallions that will be given as gifts to 12 legislators who spearheaded the repeal of the 1948 federal law that gave the State jurisdiction over tribal criminal cases. This repeal of law was a historical moment in tribal history.
- The Tribe will be paying six tribal members to each make two medallion necklaces for a total of 12.
- Each beader interested will propose a dollar amount bid they would charge for their medallion necklace.
- Must also provide samples either by photo or in person at the Tribal Center to have photos taken of their work.
- Upon acceptance of their bid they will contract to complete the order
- Medallion creators must supply their own materials.
- The finished medallion will need to be 4” in diameter.
- Must use size 10 or 11 beads. No cabs or rhinestones. Medallion should have edging.
- Medallion creators can choose their colors but must have an emphasis on traditional Meskwaki design.
- Bids and Samples must be turned in by February 25
- Medallions must be completed by March 22
For questions and information contact Yolanda Pushetonequa at 641-484-9225