PROTECTIVE PAYEE PROGRAM
Strengthening Families through Financial Skill Building and Assistance.
- Ensure the proper use of minor and vulnerable adult per capita distributions
- Equip members of the Meskwaki Community with the knowledge and confidence needed to manage personal finances through skill building and advice
- Assist community members who would like assistance with their per capita distribution, personal finances, social security benefits, and other financial decisions – The payee can conduct financial assessments, create personal financial plans, and provide information and guidance promoting fiscal responsibility.
OUR SERVICES CAN
- Assist you in developing and/or maintaining money management skills
- Provide personal financial assessments
- Help with goal setting
- Assist with record keeping strategies
- Help you develop spending plans (budgeting)
- Help you understand your credit and your credit reports
- Develop debt management plans
- Bill payments – We can oversee the payment of (and staying current with) your monthly living expenses.
- The protective payee can direct individuals or families in need of social services to the appropriate agency.
- Meskwaki Family Services also provides payee services for individuals receiving Social Security benefits. This service may be entered on a voluntary basis.
- The Social Security Payee Service provides the same services as the Protective Payee Program.