The Meskwaki Diabetes Program will now be accepting recipes for the Healthy Recipe Contest until November 12th!
Recipe submissions can be made by email (see below) or drop-in at the Health Clinic. Submissions must include your name, current phone number and recipe. A prize will be awarded to every submission after the cook-off!
*Please note that a healthy recipe meets these general guidelines:
- Low to moderate in fat content
- Low in added sugar
- Low in sodium
- High in vitamins, minerals and fiber
On November 15th, the Top 5 Recipe contestants will be announced. These individuals will go on to make their recipe at the cook-off. The Diabetes Program will provide all ingredients.
On November 20th, the Cook-off will be held! Cooking starts at 5:00 pm at the Tribal Center for contestants. Voting and tasting starts at 6:00 pm for the public. Come on over to eat some tasty food and to vote for your favorites! The Top 2 recipes will win additional prizes.
We hope to see you there!
See email addresses below for submissions:
- Linda Winter Chaser, Program Coordinator, email@example.com
- Megan Koehn, Registered Dietitian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Aylsworth, Health Educator, email@example.com