Join the Meskwaki Diabetes Program along with the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach program for Free Well-being Lunch and Learns on Tuesdays in December and January from 12:00 – 12:45 pm at the Meskwaki Health Clinic. A FREE lunch will be provided at each Lunch and Learn!
December 3, 2019 – Time for Me: Understanding Well-being
December 10, 2019 – Building Strong Relationships
December 17, 2019 – Managing Your Money
January 7, 2020 – Enjoying Good Health and Energy
To sign up, please call (641) 484-4094 and ask to speak with Megan, Ashley or Linda.
The Meskwaki Youth Program is having a Girls Lacrosse Parent Meeting on January 15 from 7-8pm in the MSS High School Commons.
This is for Girls in Grades 4th – 6th, also please note there will be a $30 Registration Fee.
During this Parent Meeting the following will be discussed:
- Girls Team Name/Logo/Colors/Uniform
- Practice Times
- Upcoming Clinics
- Lacrosse Games and Tournaments
Tribal Council will be having a General Meeting on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at the Meskwaki Tribal Center.
The Agenda is as follows:
5:00 pm – Dinner served in the Meskwaki Tribal Center Gym
- Welcome – Dawson Davenport, Chairman
- Meskwaki Natural Resources – Jarrett Pfrimmer, Director
- Hemp Program – Joseph VanGorp, Director
- Meskwaki Apprenticeship Program – Matt Bear, Director
- Meskwaki, Inc. – Robert Bills, CEO
- Meskwaki Health Clinic – Rudy Papakee, Director
- Rec Center Updates – ISG
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program – Stephen Scott
- Fiscal – Amy Dye
- Question / Comment Period
Enrolled Tribal Members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Join the Meskwaki Settlement School on Wednesday, January 29th for their monthly Language Night Event!
5:00 pm – Kiwisenibeni, Meal will be served in Commons
6:00 pm – Kiaditobeni Kekoani, Crafts in the Elementary Gym
Families are invited for food and fun! Please note that activities will conclude by 8:00 pm.