Workforce Development opens registration for the Promoting Tribal Economies Course (PTEC) on Monday, March 9th with a closing date of Tuesday, March 31st.
This season there will only be one cohort and class size is limited to seven (7) participants. Registration forms are available at Workforce Development and at Human Resources at the Tribal Center.
PTEC is a workforce program for individuals who are interested in enhancing their workplace and life skills while also learning about regenerative farming. This program offers a 3-week course followed by 22-weeks of On-the-Job Training at Red Earth Gardens beginning May 4, 2020 and ending September 25, 2020. The Meskwaki Tribal Community members and other Native Americans within the community are invited to participate.
Important Things to Know:
- Successful completion of PTEC earns a certificate and a $300 incentive.
- On-the-Job Training for 22-weeks at $11.00 per hour.
- There is a $150 allowance to promote employee job readiness for OJT.
- Transportation is available if needed.
- Applications are available at Workforce Development (Old Trading Post) and Human Resources at the Tribal Center.
For more information contact Shelly Kapayou by phone: 641-484-9508, email: email@example.com or Facebook at www.facebook.com/reg.wdc.