The Meskwaki Youth Department is pleased to announce their official job application and job descriptions for our MYP-Summer Youth Employment Enrichment Program (SYEP) have been released. Meskwaki youth applicants are encouraged to fill out an application if interested in any of the summer internship opportunities available this summer and turn in their completed job application to Meskwaki Nation Human Resources before the deadline of May 24, 2019 by 4:30PM.
The Meskwaki Nation’s SYEP provides youth ages 14 to 24 with enriching and constructive summer work experiences through subsidized placements in the Meskwaki Tribal Government and private sectors.
Through MYP-SYEP, we strive to provide young people with the opportunity to:
• Earn money and gain meaningful work experience;
• Learn and develop the skills, attitudes, and commitment necessary to succeed in today’s world of work;
• Gain exposure to various exciting career industries;
• Interact with dynamic working professionals in a positive work environment;
• Lastly short-term employment and training program will introduce our youth to employers who will positively impact their futures.
Meskwaki Youth Program would like to thank our Host Departments-Apprenticeship, Finance, Health/Diabetes, Media, Meskwaki Settlement School, Meskwaki Travel Plaza without your help we would not be able to provided structured job opportunities for our youth. I would also like to recognize our Tribal Council, Executive Staff, Human Resources Staff, Finance Staff, JPO, Higher Ed, Mel from STC, and Attorney General’s Office for all the support. SYEP would not be successful without all of you!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Byemibaogea – Tashina Azure
Meskwaki Youth Development Director